The New York Times released a report showing the cities expected to have the most homicides in 2020. Unsurprisingly, 18 out of 20 of the cities have Democrat Mayors.
NY Times defends lawlessness in the Democrat-run cities by claiming that crime was rising everywhere. This is contrary to the FBI Uniform Crime Report showing that violent crimes fell in the last year. The newspaper also justifies property crimes saying that “the F.B.I. does not classify vandalism as a major crime.”
This claim follows the Department of Justice’s classification of New York City, Portland, and Seattle as lawless cities where the authorities “have permitted violence and destruction of property to persist.”
President Trump also pointed out that Democrat-run cities topped the list of most violent cities.
“You hear about certain places like Chicago and you hear about what’s going on in Detroit and other, other cities, all Democrat-run,” Trump said. “Every one of them is Democrat-run. Twenty out of 20. The 20 worst, the 20 most dangerous are Democrat-run.”
President Trump’s observation was not far off the mark. Seventeen out of 20 most violent cities were run by Democrats. Only one was under a Republican mayor while the other two had Independent mayors.
Later, President Trump made a 100% accurate observation saying that all top 10 most dangerous cities were democrat-run. In 2019, the NYT also made the same observation that the 10 most violent cities were under Democrats.
“The Ten Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. are ALL run by Democrats, and this has gone on for DECADES!” Trump Tweeted on August 28, 2020.
Here are the cities with the highest Projected Murder Rates (PMR) for 2020.
1. St. Louis — Mayor Lyda Krewson (D) - 90.4
2. Baltimore — Mayor Bernard Young (D) - 55.8
3. Detroit — Mayor Mike Duggan (D) - 47.6
4. New Orleans — Mayor LaToya Cantrell (D) - 46:4
5. Cleveland — Mayor Frank G. Jackson (D) - 41:3
6. Kansas City, MO — Mayor Quiton Lucas (D) - 40.0
7. Cincinnati — Mayor John Cranley (D) - 33:4
8. Milwaukee — Mayor Tom Barrett (D) - 31.7
9. Chicago — Mayor Lori Lightfoot (D) - 28.6
10. Atlanta —Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms (D) - 27.9
11. Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kinney (D) - 27.4
12. Washington - Mayor Muriel Bowser (D) - 27.3
13. Louisville - Mayor Greg Fischer (D) - 23.0
14. Miami - Mayor Francis X. Suarez (R) - 22.2
15. Indianapolis - Mayor Joe Hogsett (D) - 21.9
16. Oakland - Mayor Libby Schaaf (D) - 21.0
17. Toledo — Mayor Wade Kapszukiewicz (D) - 20.8
18. Tulsa — Mayor G.T. Bynum (R) - 20.0
19. Minneapolis — Mayor Jacob Frey (D) - 18.7
20. Greensboro — Mayor Nancy B. Vaughan (D) - 18.6
Evidently, we don’t expect the Democrats to take responsibility for the rise in crime in these cities. Our only hope is that Americans living in these Liberal jurisdictions will reclaim their cities by voting Democrat politicians out.
Meanwhile, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick is pushing universal background checks in our state, and if left unchecked, it will not be long until we see bills like this getting traction in Austin. Texas is embarrassingly ranked 29th for gun rights, and with the help of the political elites in Austin, we will surely rank among New York, California, and Illinois if left to their own devices. Please join our fight today, and help us restore Texas' place as the standard for the U.S.
Join LSGR - https://www.lsgr.live/join
Sign our petition - https://www.lsgr.live/petition
Send a postcard to Dan Patrick - https://www.lsgr.live/store/Postcard-to-Lt-Gov-Patrick-p158378407